Google

12.28.06

"Your children are not your children.
They are the sons and daughters of life's longing for itself.
They come through you, but not from you,
and though they are with you yet they do not belong to you.
You give them your love, but not your thoughts
you may house their bodies, but not their souls.
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit,
not even in your dreams..."
-Kahlil Gibran

This is one of my favorite verses. It reminds me that I am the daughter of the world and not my mother's alone. I feel I am not owned. I feel free but with an obligation to do good for my fellowmen. With this, I know I have a purpose --

It is tormenting to be bound by the ignorance of the times. How, where and when will I be freed from it... I don't know. But I hope the answers will be easy, here, and now...

Sigh.

The noise in my mind should soon be tamed, I know. I just have to figure out how and I have to figure it out now... or it will soon be deafening.

Despite these troubling times of being unable to blossom overnight, of failing to understand certain things at the right time... the omnipotent never fails to provide me with times of laughter and silence. Day by day, He blesses me with gifted individuals who exhibit the real meaning of sharing and giving. Most importantly, He offers me compassion and forgiveness which I thought I would never find in this vindictive world. He never fails to touch my heart. God surely never sleeps. I know He is making sure I am always safe and secure.


2 comments:

Jomar Hilario said...

Now this is good writing. Something prose yet poetic.

Grabe.

Ed Sevillla said...

You're blessed. Blessed Mastermind. May your blessings radiate out into the world quietly and continuously and bring hope to this desolate land.